|Curriculum of Dermatology, Andrology& STDs
- Target student: The sixth year student in the Faculty of Medicine.
|To define common diseases in skin, andrology & STDs.
- To define the pathogenesis of each disease & to interpret its clinical picture. The space alloted to any subject should be based on its incidence in general practice. Rare diseases are included when: harm would befall the patients if the diagnosis was missed or because they illustrate vividly a biological principle.
- To distinguish the disease from similar conditions i.e., differential diagnosis.
| Affective :
|To be honest in his work.
- To keep secrets of his patients.
- To do his best for the seek of the patient.
- Assurance of the patient.
| Teaching strategy :
|- Lectures : 30 hours (19hours Derm,.+11 hours Andrology).
|Clinical sessions: 12 hours / week for 4 weeks.
| Evaluation :
|Clinical examination at the end of clinical sessions.
- At the end of the year, evaluation is done by:
Dermatology (19 hours)
- Structure and function of the skin.
- Principles of diagnosis ( The approach to the skin patient).
- Congenital anomalies & Naevi (Ichthyosis, Epidermolysis bullosa, xeroderma pigmentosa)
- Infectious skin Diseases:
- Bacterial skin infections.
- Mycobacterial infections (TB., Leprosy).
- Viral skin infections.
- Fungal skin infection.
- Skin Infestations
- Eczema & allergic dermatoses:
- Drug eruptions
- Erythema multiforme
- Erythema nodosum.
- Scaly erythematous dermatoses
- Psoriasis .
- Lichen planus
- Pityriasis rubra pilaris
- Lupus erythematous.
| Diseases of skin appendages
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Disordders of pigmentation
- Bullous diseases (Pemphigus, dermatitis herptiform).
- Skin reaction to infection & internal disease.
- Dermatologic therapy:
|-Topical therapy (bases, Antiseptic, Antibiotic, Antipruntic, Corticosterords)
- Systemic therapy (Antihisiamines, Corticosterords).
- Sexually transmitted diseases:
- Chancroid, Granuloma inguinale, Lymphogranuloma venereum
- The acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- The mechanism of erection & ejaculation.
- Sexual disorders.
- Physiology of the male reproductive system
- Male infertility.
- Special problems of andrology (Cryptorchidism-Varicocale-Orchitis-Epididymitis).